Wednesday 13 January 2010

Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick


I was browsing the book and DVD aisle's in ASDA a few days before Christmas, when a couple of books caught my eye.
One of those books, was, of course, Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. Its cover was shiny and intriguing, with a fantastic cover image.

It's a YA Novel, and if the cover hasn't given it away, it's about Angels.

Here's what Amazon has to say -

'A sacred oath, a fallen angel, a forbidden love...This darkly romantic story features our heroine, Nora Grey, a seemingly normal teenage girl with her own shadowy connection to the Nephilim, and super-alluring bad boy, Patch, now her deskmate in biology class. Together, they find themselves at the centre of a centuries-old feud between a fallen angel and a Nephilim...Forced to sit next to Patch in science class, Nora attempts to resist his flirting, though gradually falls for him against her better judgement. Meanwhile creepy things are going on with a mysterious stalker following her car and attacking her best friend Vee...'

Once I was started to read it, I didn't stop until it was finished. I just had to know what this Patch guy was going to turn out like, and how he'll affect Nora's life. I really enjoyed Becca Fitzpatrick's writing style, and was impressed by the twists and turns she executed throughout her first novel. It was addictive, and thankfully there is a sequel due this year, entitled Crescendo, which I look forward to reading.

I won't spoil anything, but I am happy to reccommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment